More than 8,000 teenagers voted on their favorite books of 2010. (It’s Teen Read week, an initiative of the awesome YALSA, the young adult librarian folk. Many years ago when I was youthful and dewy I was on a YALSA panel at the ALA annual convention in New Orleans and I fell in love with the YA librarians and also discovered they could drink me under the table. But I digress.)
My best pal Gayle Forman’s book made the top 10!
Here’s the list:
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
2. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
3. Heist Society by Ally Carter
4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
9. Fire by Kristin Cashore
10. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
YAY! Smart kids, the teens today.